Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: pushing my car off a cliff or bridge...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member syracusefilm.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey,
    I'm in the preproduction of making a music video and was interested in pushing my old piece of sh** car off a cliff or bridge at night. I was just wondering if anyone could give me the logistics of this. Like, will I get arrested for it-should I scrape the vin off? I'm trying to get ahold of someone with a winch, so I might be able to pull the damn thing back out. Is there any tips or advice that could be helpful in pulling this off by anyone who's done similiar? Please help. thanks
    Nick

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skyliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    Always shoot from above!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never done anything like this, but I think you're really asking for it if you do this.
    I've blown up stuff in the mountains, with no permits, etc., so I'm not exactly above bending the rules, but you're about to break a bunch of laws.
    Hell yes, you'll get arrested.
    You're littering, unauthorized use of public facilities, plus probably breaking EPA and other federal regulations by dumping gas & oil into the water, etc.,
    Like tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in potential fines, and years in jail, etc.
    I'd think of some way to do this with miniatures, CG, or something else, even though it would be more difficult to get it to look as good.

    Matt Pacini

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Matt's right.
    For the amount of money you're likely to get fined, you could do some cool miniature, high-speed work.
    Really. No joke.

    "Scrape the VIN #?" This isn't "The Fast and the Furious" or something. They'll find you. And they'll bust you.

    And we'll all think you're very stupid. Even if you get away with it.

    Seriously, no joke.

    Don't litter, or I'll hire an American Indian to stand in front of your house and cry for a week.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Buying a stock shot would be cheaper than the fine.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Besides, the classic dumb crime is one where the perpetrator provides the prosecution photographic evidence!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This post was removed because it was a monumental waste of time on my part.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 30, 2003 11:50 PM: Message edited by: MovieStuff ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member syracusefilm.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    okay, okay, I'm sorry to upset the senior board members, what the F, I'm native american. So there's littering fines. Yeah, well, what if I drain all the fluids and get that winch to pull it out(to avoid littering fines). Come on, miniature work isn't filmmaking, it's for GUMBY and Pokey fags, whatever. I want guerella filmmaking, I'm not some stay at home homo gettin high off super glue trying to build some cliff or bridge that will look GAY. but thanx anyway...Stock footage could be an answer, thanx for that one.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member syracusefilm.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...also, how would someone go about getting a permit? THIS IS A QUESTION ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED TO GET PERMITS FOR FILM PROJECTS OR SIMILIAR.

    THANKS

    Nick

    Also, just to let you know I have no intention of offending anyone, and if I did, ha, F off...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dharmabum1949's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "miniature work isn't filmmaking, it's for GUMBY and Pokey fags"

    "I'm not some stay at home homo"

    "that will look GAY"

    If you truly don't want to upset board members you probably shouldn't use derogatory references to homosexuality in every other line of text. I don't know what your purpose in using words like "fag" is but you come across as either a bigot or a completely ignorant idiot.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •